Toaster is a must-have kitchen appliance these days. It is used for different purposes in your kitchen, such as browning bread, toaster pastries, bagels, English muffins, and other meals which have meat and eggs. You can find wide range of toasters available on the market, such as 2-slice, long slot, 4-slice, conveyer style etc.
You should consider your needs and preferences to choose the right toaster for you.
What is 2 Slice Toaster?
2-slice toaster is actually a kitchen appliance used to brown bread, pancakes, pop tarts, bagel, etc. You can easily toast meals conveniently and quickly. You may find the toasters in different styles and sizes.
2 Slice Toasters are made of different materials and some of the most common materials are chrome, stainless steel, and heavy-duty plastic. You may want to match it with other appliances and décor. Toasters are usually made of stainless steel and come in white, red, or black color options.
Stainless steel toasters look great in kitchens and are long lasting. They are better than plastic varieties and they have more features. But they are a bit costly and you may surely want to replace them once in a year. Here are some of the widely used materials in 2 slice toasters –
- Stainless Steel – A stainless steel toaster is prone to scratches and fingerprints more than plastic variants. So, most people prefer plastic accented or purely plastic models to avoid fingerprints.
- Chrome Finish – Chrome is a shiny and elegant material but it attracts fingerprints more than stainless steel and plastic variants.
- Dual Finish – Several plastic accented stainless steel toasters are available to provide the best of both worlds – color options and durability. In addition, plastic accents are less prone to attract fingerprints.
- Colored Plastic – White attracts dirt and ages faster than metal toasters. But it doesn’t attract fingerprints as faster as chrome. You can easily match the colored plastic toasters to your kitchen décor and color schemes.
In 2 slice toaster, the browning settings will vary by type, brand, and whether it’s something amazing or basic model. The more the settings, the browner the toast you will get. If you have extra wide slots in the toaster, it will take longer for toasting because it is far away from heating aspects.
You may find a lot of amazing features in toasters to make it user-friendly. Some features are based on different varieties of bread items. Here are some of the key features you may like –
- Auto Turn-off Alert – Once toast pops up and finished, it blows an alert if you are in another room when it is browning.
- Bagel – It will toast bagel on one side only. It also comes handy when making toaster pastries and muffins. The best part is that it won’t toast overly on one side.
- Auto Centering – This feature keeps bread in the slot to avoid uneven toasting so bread toasts properly. You may find adjustable manual centering or auto centering models and some don’t have adjustment but have bread guides.
- Cancel Button – This way, you can stop the process midway and it is very useful feature to keep the bread from being toasted overly.
- Detachable Crumb Tray – It is placed at the bottom which collects crumbs of toast or bread. It is removable and you need to pull it out and dump and wipe off. Some hinged trays are non-removable but have drop door to empty the crumbs.
- Defrost button – It is used to toast and defrost the waffles, frozen bread, and any item.
- Digital Controls – Prefer digital control panel instead manual for precise control on toaster settings. These are very simple to read.
- Toaster Covers – They come in different styles and designs. So you can easily find one which literally matches your décor.
- Wide Slots – It is needed to toast Texas toast, bagels, and other wide items.
- Reheat – It is needed to keep the item warm if it is toasted already and it won’t over toast the bread.
- Toast Lever – It is used to lift up the toast over the edge to avoid risk of burns while taking out smaller items.
- Indicator Lights and LED backlights – You can easily see it in low light and read displays from distance.
- Tongs – It is used to remove toasted food out once they are browned.
Buyer’s Guide For A 2 Slice Toaster
Here are some of the key features to look for in toaster before buying it –
- Size – You may find toasters in different sizes. But 4-slice and 2 slice toasters are most common. It means they either have two side by side slots or one long slot to fit two slices. 4 slice toasters have 2 slots on one side and 2 on other. Look for larger toaster for large family.
- Browning – Choose a toaster which has different choices in browning, i.e. ranging from lightest to very dark.
- Safety features – Some modern toasters have cancel and auto shut-off features to alert you when browning is done and to stop midway.
- Easy to Control – Look for toasters with dials and touch pads but dials are not much accurate.
- Automatic Turn-off – Some modern toasters don’t pop up the toast once it is done. Instead, they alert and ding or just turn off automatically.
- Easy Cord Storage – You may find toasters with cord holder or any storage under the units. In some cases, you may remove the cords and wrap up in the drawer.
- Storage – Consider the space you need for storage. You may store them in a cabinet or on the countertop.
Safety Features to look for
- Heating Elements should be covered – Some models have covered heating elements to avoid accidental burns on your hands.
- Stay cool parts – It is another important feature to avoid burns in your fingers and hands by touching the sides and surface. Another benefit is that the item won’t melt if it is placed near the toaster.
- Long Cord – Cord should be good and long enough that can easily reach the outlet without using external cord. Cords should not be shorter than 12 inch to 48 inches. Also keep in mind that you won’t want cord to be hanging.
Best 2 Slice Toaster Reviews For 2018
1. Cuisinart CPT-420 Leverless Touch to Toast 2 Slice Toaster
Cusinart CPT-420 is a 2-slice toaster with large slots that can handle bagel with ease. It has in-built cord storage to avoid tripping on the cord and it has different settings. It has got stainless steel exterior and it is known to have added storage space.
It has crumb tray, cancel button, and bagel setting. You can brown toast to different shades or toast evenly on both sides. It comes with digital display to show the amount of time to go. It has stainless steel motorized lift with back lit display to show what’s going on. Toast won’t burn thanks to its countdown timer. It also has reheat and defrost functions. Reheat function won’t burn or brown the bread overly.
- User friendly and easy cleanup
- Cord wrap to save on much counter space
- Evenly toast bread
- Different settings to toast different items
- Slot is not that long
2. KRUPS KH732D Breakfast Set 2-Slot Toaster
KRUPS KH732D has brushed stainless steel and chrome housing with two wide slots to hold bagel. It fits very easily to limited counter space. It has manual lever to lift up small items off the toaster. The crumb tray makes it easy to cleanup. It includes six settings for browning so everyone can make their favorite toast from light to dark with dial on the front.
Bagel heats and browns well on the side of bagels and defrost will be able to handle everything in the slots. It defrosts them easily without having to brown them so it won’t ruin anything.
- Six settings for browning
- Wide slots to toast different sizes of foods
- Doesn’t cause annoying noise once toast is ready
- Crumb trays making it very simple to clean
- Uneven heat distribution
3. Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast 2-Slice Smart Toaster
If your budget allows, Breville BTA820XL is the most highly advanced kitchen appliance which is worth every penny. It comes with die-cast brushed metal body. It is more than just beautiful. The 900W motor powers it up for even heat distribution to toast and reheat your bread. When bread slices are too small, it can lift up the toast. You can easily clean it up with two crumb trays.
It features cord storage and two wide slots. You can make brown or deep brown toast with browning settings within 2 minutes. It will automatically lift up the bead without any interruption. It includes reheat, bagel, cancel and defrost settings.
- Auto lift won’t stop the toasting session
- If you are not satisfied with result, press the button ‘a bit more’
- Doesn’t burn the sides
- Comes with great build and design
- Slots cannot serve longer slices
4. Oster TSSTTRJBP1 Jelly Bean 2-Slice Toaster
Many households have different problems in toasting bread because they don’t have proper tools. This way, Oster TSSTTRJBP1 Jelly Bean toaster is here to meet all your needs for your kitchen. It has different settings like frozen, bagel, toast selection, cancel, and warm functions.
It is powered by 800-watt motor to work well in all conditions. You can choose from seven types of toast shades and it can manage high voltages.
- Seven toast settings to get the desired shade
- Crumb tray is detachable
- Extra wide slots to accommodate all sizes of bread
- Gets hot on outside and prone to burns
- Doesn’t toast both sides always
5. BLACK+DECKER T2569B Extra Wide Slot Toaster
With BLACK+DECKER T2569B, toasting your delicious breakfast has never been so easier. This 2-slice toaster is the best staple for your kitchen to start your day. It has special frozen and bagel functions and 6 shade settings. Now you can make thick artisan bread with easy-to-fit extra wide slots.
- Toasting slots are extra wide to toast all types of breads
- Press bagel or frozen buttons and toaster can adjust well for best results
- Crumb tray is easy to slide out
- Sleek design
- powerful 850W motor
- Slots are not big enough
- Bagel function doesn’t work
6. Hamilton Beach 22633 Extra Wide 2-Slice Slot Toaster
Hamilton Beach Extra Wide 2-slice Toaster is not just limited to toasting bread. It is blessed with extra wide slots that are best for English muffins, bagels, or artisan bread. You can easily toast the cut side with its unique bagel setting and it can warm the outside.
The defrost button can help you get the pancakes or waffles to golden brown. It is very easy to use thanks to its toast boost setting which can lift up the bread. It will turn off automatically once the cycle ends. It looks great with illuminated buttons and brushed stainless steel housing.
- Extra wide slots for thick breads and bagels
- Cancel button can stop process midway
- Crumb tray for easy cleanup
- Defrost button
- Doesn’t toast evenly
- Not long lasting
Toasters are literally one of the widely used appliances in your kitchen because we all love to have bagels, toasts and waffles to start our day. It is much likely to be used on day to day basis in every household. So, it is very important to go with the right toaster to meet the needs of you and your family.
To narrow down your choices, consider your family’s needs. In the guide above, we have covered everything you should consider to make the right choice. The 2 slice toasters listed above are our top picks as they are the top rated in terms of versatility, performance, toasting features, ease of use and clean up, and other features. All in all, these have all the features you want to get the right toasting in your kitchen. These appliances are the best choices to make your busy life a bit easier.