No longer want to prep all your foods with your hands, chop and slice veggies manually and tired of hand grinding nuts and seeds, grating and shredding cheese or just mixing dough? You may definitely want to buy a food processor for yourself. You can save hours of cooking using these appliances.
A quality food processor can truly give a great cooking experience. But with so many options to choose from, it is not that easy to choose the best food processor for your kitchen.
In this buying guide, we will help you ease your buying decision by listing the top 10 best food processors to look for in 2018.
What to Look for in a Food Processor?
When buying a food processor, size is the most important consideration as they come in different sizes, ranging from 3 cups to 14 cups, and even 20 cup models which are used generally in professional pantries (keep in mind that cups are used in dry food, not juices).
For a household kitchen, you may need around 7 cup. If you have more than 4 members, you may want a 9 to 11 cup food processor. If you don’t have to do anything much with food processor, such as chopping half an onion or garlic, or just herbs and nuts, you may want to buy a mini 3-cup processor.
If you want to cook for many people, you might buy a large 14-cup processor.
Key Features and Accessories
- Choose food processor that comes with dishwasher safe accessories. However, you might need to wash blades by hand as they may start to dull faster in dishwasher.
- Choose at least 600 to 700 watts of food processor. This way, your food processor will be powerful enough to chop hard nuts and cheese. These processors are quite expensive but lower watt appliance is more vulnerable to overheat and could break its motor.
- Choose a processor with pulse feature to chop even course and fine food items.
- It should also have a safety feature. It should turn only when you have fastened the lid securely. So, it won’t turn on suddenly and injure the user.
All food processors come with various accessories. Make sure it can perform all the tasks you want. If you want a processor to shred cheese, it should have shredding blade.
To keep things a breeze, you can find many accessories for your food processor, for ex, large feed tubes. Some processors also have large, medium, and small bowls. So, you can use small bowls for small tasks. Choose the processor which meets your needs.
Take your time and don’t rush to risk buying something that you are not satisfied with. Look at the food processors from reputed brands like Cuisinart, Hamilton, etc. These brands make best quality food processors.
Ask yourself these questions before choosing a food processor?
- What capacity you need in a food processor?
- What features you want in your food processor more, such as a Loud Roar or Silent Hum, and excellence in kneading?
- What size of feed tube you want?
You can find loads of extra features. So, you should be aware of what to pay for them to make right decision.
Top Ten Best Food Processor Reviews In 2018
Our rating for the best food processors to look for in 2018 is based on the following criteria –
- Features – We consider the overall key features from the manufacturers with the price of the appliance.
- Ratings – We review and survey the reviews from the customers on different platforms to deliver the best customer experience.
- Complaints – We also keep in mind the problems reported by the customers with their appliances along with the severity of such complaints.
- Durability – We look for the durable appliances to review and the warranty offered by the manufacturer to ensure longevity.
By considering the above criteria, let’s take a look at our top picks –
1. Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor
Hamilton Beach 70740 is a budget food processor model out there. With the price of around $25, there is no need to break your bank to afford this kitchen appliance. It features 2-speed controls along with pulse function. Like other costly models, it also has stainless steel blades to slice, chop, and shred food items.
The 450W motor is strong enough to deal with thick food. Hence, it is as strong as other models. All of its accessories are dishwasher safe and it has 1 year of limited warranty. It is a best choice for some instant food prep.
- Stainless steel blades
- Faster than manual slicing
- Powerful 450w motor to deal with dense food
- Large area to swallow a full block of cheese
- Not easy to clean
- Not sufficient for heavy use
2. Hamilton Beach 70725A 12-Cup Food Processor
Whether prepping food for a couple or a full family meal, Hamilton Beach 70725A Stack & Snap is a food processor that comes with a simple guide to know which button to press and which blade to use for a particular food item. You don’t have to twist, lock or turn when it comes to assemble it. The 450 W motor is powerful enough to slice, chop, shred, puree, or blend anything.
It doesn’t have max liquid fill line. So, you can process your puree without risking it to leak out as the bowl is completely sealed. The bowl has the capacity to hold 12 cups and pour spout avoids the risk of messy drips. The Big Mouth tube saves you from pre-cutting. It is also easy to clean and store with its cord storage, in-bowl blade storage, and dishwasher safe parts.
- Easy to assemble with its unique design
- Simple guide to know which blade to use and which button for what purpose
- 450W motor to shred, puree, slice, chop and blend virtually anything
- Dishwasher safe bowl, blades, and lid
- Blade often gets stuck after blending something
- Not strong enough for big jobs
3. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY is a 14-cup large capacity processor which meets all your cooking needs. Whether you want to prep last-moment, weeknight meals or food for weekend parties, its 720 watt heavy-duty motor does it all. It has extra large feed tube, 14-cup bowl, and dishwasher safe parts. You can save more time and share delicious meals with friends and family quickly.
It accommodates all veggies and fruits inside and it saves a lot of time in pre-cutting. The blades are made of durable stainless steel to power up any prep job, from just garlic cloves to a thick dough. You name it, this DFP-14 does everything, including chopping, mixing, slicing, kneading, shredding, pureeing, and mixing dough.
- Powerful 720-watt motor is decent or heavy jobs
- 14-cup work bowl accommodates everything
- One-touch operation to save time
- Stainless steel blades are dishwasher safe
- Flexible plastic is breakable
- Confusing features
4. Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
When you buy a food processor, you expect it to prep your food quickly and save time, without any frustrations. Breville Sous Chef does something like this. Its 5.5-inch Super Wide chute doesn’t need pre-cutting most vegetables and fruits to save time.
It has 8 blades and discs for prepping various dishes in an accessory storage. The discs have slicing disc set to 24 settings for slicing so one can easily customize thickness of slices from a thin 0.3mm to 0.8mm thick. It also includes a French fry cutter, julienne disc, whisking disc, as well as shredding disc. The blades also have universal S blade, mini blade and dough blade for mixing and kneading ingredients.
The food processor includes a large 16-cup bowl for processing as well as 2.5-cup mini bowl for smooth processing. It has 16-cup option to blend even large servings of dough or soup. You can process small amount of nuts or sauces in a mini bowl.
- Small food pusher to ensure great control over smaller ingredients
- Extra large feed chute to avoid pre-chopping large food items
- Large food pusher to push the food down
- Safety braking with direct drive motor
- Plastic on the bowl cannot handle friction from the drive
- Very expensive
5. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
The Mini Prep Plus food processor from Cuisinart is designed to manage varied range of tasks for food preparation, such as grinding, chopping, emulsifying, pureeing, blending, etc. to name a few. It has Smart-power auto-reversing blade to deliver ultra-sharp edge for chopping herbs and for pureeing and blending soft food items. The blunt edge in the food processor provides smooth cutting to grind through the hard foods and spices. It adds great control for precision grinding or chopping. This mini food processor could be the best option for making your baby food.
It has high-speed and powerful 250W motor which quickly performs all small jobs smoothly. You can chop onions, herbs, and garlic; grind spices and hard cheese; puree your baby foods; and blend flavored butters and mayonnaise cheese with ease. It s easy to store and takes less space on the countertop.
- Easy to store
- Performs all small jobs quickly
- Good for smooth chopping or grinding tasks
- Not sufficient for bigger jobs
- Parts are not dishwasher safe
6. KitchenAid KFP0711CU 7-Cup Food Processor
The 6. KitchenAid KFP0711CU is a powerful and strong 7-cup food processor which comes with 2-in-1 feed tube, 7-cup bowl, and pusher for long-term pushing. It can serve almost all home cooking needs, such as chopping, slicing, mixing, and shredding with several tools.
You can easily and precisely manage all the hard or soft ingredients with one touch and with low, high and pulse speed options. You can use either narrow or large opening for constant shredding or slicing, as per the ingredients used. You can easily ill the work bowl and pack the ingredients with its UltraTight seal, a well-designed lock system.
- Comes with stress-free 1 year replacement warranty
- Handle all soft and hard ingredients with Low, High & Pulse speed options
- Use either wider or narrower opening with its 2-in-1 feed tube
- UltraTight seal for safe locking
- Push-button system is hard to manage when cutting or chopping
- It needs huge pressure to start the button
7. Ninja Master QB1004 Prep Professional Blender, Chopper, and Food Processor
The Ninja Master Prep Professional food processor by SharkNinja is designed to manage all food processing, chopping, and blending tasks in its 3-perfectly sized jars that are best for serving guests and family.
The versatile Master Prep Professional is designed specifically to power up your cooking. It is powerful enough to crush ice into snow within few seconds. It is capable to chop fresh ingredients smoothly and blend frozen fruits to creamy smoothies. It has convenient storage lids to ensure freshness of your food for longer.
- Powerful to manage frozen smoothies and blending
- Chops food evenly in chopper bowl
- All jars are BPA free and dishwasher safe and have easy storage lids
- Parts are not easy to clean
- Not suitable to make smoothies
8. BLACK+DECKER FP1600B 8-Cup Food Processor
The 8-cup food processor from BLACK+DECKER is powered by 450-watt motor for chopping, mincing, dicing, slicing, and various other tasks. It has 8-cup bowl which can swallow large amount of food to prep. All of its removable parts are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
The 8-cup bowl has a lot of space to accommodate food to create hummus, peanut butter, and even more. You can slice vegetables faster or shred cheese with its reversible metal disk. While processor is running, you can add more food in its food chute. It preps different ingredients with ease.
- Dishwasher safe work bowl and all parts
- Innovative controls with push buttons
- 450W powerful motor to prep your food smoothly
- Very noisy and hard to detach before emptying the bowls
- Food items are not chopped with accuracy at times
9. Oster Pro 1200 Blender with Smoothie Cup and Processor Attachment
Make delicious salsa, smoothes, soups and blends delicious and fresh with Oster Pro 1200 Blender, a best example of performance and versatility. Its 1200 Watt powerful motor is quite impressive as it can evenly blend through veggies, ice, frozen items etc. No matter what you throw at it, the blender will blend the perfect salsa, milk shake, and smoothies with its well-programmed settings in just one touch.
It adds more convenience and less mess to take smoothies along to work. All Oster Blenders are designed well with the epic Duralast All-Metal drive for great performance and quality. It is tested well to blend around 10000 smoothes and comes with extended 10-year warranty.
- 50% large blades and extra wide base to blend food evenly
- Smart Settings Technology for chopping and blending
- Personal size smoothie cup with travel lid for added convenience on the go
- Blades should be washed separately
- A bit expensive than other blenders
10. Braun FP3020 12-Cup Food Processor
Whether you are a professional cook or not, Braun FP3020 12-cup food processor is the best choice or frequent dicing, slicing, mixing, and shredding in your kitchen. You can save your time with your food processor rather than doing it with knife. It is the fully-functional food processor that comes with huge range of tools. Made with German technology in Europe to deliver best performance, Braun FP3020 has 600W motor but it delivers the peak power of 900W.
- Ultra-Quiet silent motor
- Energy efficient processor consumes less power
- Pre-set speed feature
- Every part is dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Limited slicing capacity
- It is so light that you need to hold it down while running
Your choice on best food processor is up to the way you are going to use it and your cooking needs. But even the best appliances are not capable to give 100% accurate outcomes for each function.
Though a world-class food processor may be a best alternative to your other kitchen appliances like shredders and choppers, it may not be as good as blenders or mixers that are dedicated for specific tasks.
No matter what your needs for food processing, a well designed food processor will give what you want to save a lot of cooking time. By considering all the above food processors, we hope you can make an informed decision and find one which can meet your needs.