Can’t resist your love for creamy milkshakes and smoothies? Do you want to create purees yourself to add up the taste of your healthy meals? You may definitely want to buy the best rated immersion blender which is a very handy appliance for your kitchen. It is an effective and user-friendly device to blend liquid and make your favorite blended items without using carafe blender or pitcher. Here is the quick look of my list for top 10 best immersion blender 2021:
About Immersion Blender
Unlike any other traditional blender, an immersion blender is a liquid resistant device which has blades at the bottom. It is an appliance which can add up to your versatility to make purees in a pan, milkshake in a glass, or smoothie by using any ingredients.
Benefits of Using Immersion Blender
Portability is the best part of immersion blenders. If you want, you can simply fasten the appliance to your walls, keep it on a shelf or drawer, or just pack it to bring along with you. This lightweight appliance ensures superior performance and saves you a lot of time and effort. You can place it virtually any liquid to work on. You also don’t have to pour ingredients in a blender to make puree. This blender makes it simple to get creamy soups with consistent texture.
These blenders are also simple to clean. You just have pour a bit of warm water on a sink basin or bowl and turn the blender on. Simply wipe it with a towel and it will be ready. It has only three parts – the wand, handle, and blade. It is also a silent appliance which won’t create much noise. Also read this review on Best Milk Frother For your Kitchen.
Buyers’ Guide – What to Look Before Buying It?
So you are looking for the best hand blender. With a lot of research and our due diligence, here are the points to consider when buying the right hand blender –
It indicates the power of the motor. In general, higher wattage means more efficient and stronger product. But when it comes to test the products, performance wise, there is not much difference despite the change in wattage.
Some blenders come with plastic while some have steel shaft. You can easily put steel shaft in a boiling soup or hot pan without any fear. In some cases, longer shafts could work in deeper dish, especially when it comes to cook in large amount.
You need to consider the weight of the blender. Heavy blender is good for purees and soups and when using chopper.
In some cases, power button is tough and even tough to hold. Hence, power button is something you should always look out for.
Be sure that blender has stainless steel blades which could be either tri-blade or regular. Blade should be thick, large, and sturdy enough, instead being shiny and light.
Some brands just offer blenders without any attachments. But some brands include whisker, chopper, and other accessories in same price range.
Cost of Immersion Blenders
Immersion blenders are some of the best staples for your kitchen. A basic blender usually comes at around $20. If you want something better, you may find mid range blenders at around $40 to $50 on Amazon and some premium models are ranged around $50 with some attachments and extra features like blender carafes, speed settings, grinders, and whisking attachments.
Best Buy Immersion Hand Blender Reviews 2021
1. OXA Powerful 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set
OXA Powerful Hand Blender comes with blades which are sharp enough to chop all types of wet, frozen and dry foods, such as veggies, fruits, nuts and leaves. It has quick pulse settings to blend foods and leave them chunky until they turn smooth to make salsa, sauces, and pesto.
This super sleek blender comes with 300W motor and 6 variable speed controls. The package includes egg whisk, 500ml food chopper, and 600ml beaker which are BPA-free. With all such accessories, you can blitz your favorite soup within seconds. This smooth operator is both quiet and powerful to take your daily stress away from cooking.
- 6-speed powerful hand blender to make soups in seconds
- Sleek, super light and sturdy design to provide secure grip with rubberized handle
- BPA free attachments which are dishwasher safe
- Not much powerful
- Whisk attachment is of poor quality
2. Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender
It often takes a lot of time and effort in making a glass of soup. To make your daily kitchen tasks a breeze, immersion blenders play a vital role. But they are prone to splatters, scratching, and suctioning to the bottom. It’s time to take control of the power you need and get the desired texture.
Breville BSB510XL Control Grip immersion blender comes to the rescue with redesigned blades, internal break suction, and bell-shaped base to provide smooth blending and added control. It has Control Grip blade mechanism with ribs to form turbulence. It means your tasty food falls only on the blades.
- Reduces painful hands with ergonomic design
- 15 variable speed settings for more control
- Keeps pans and pots from scratching with non-scratch guard
- Revolutionary bell-shaped base to reduce suction
- Motor is not that powerful
3. Kitchen Aid KHB2351CU 3-Speed Hand Blender
The KitchenAid 3-Speed Hand Blender is designed well to help you crush, blend, puree, chop, whisk and puree with ease. All you need to choose the right speed for right ingredients. It has quality chopper attachment to process nuts, hard cheese, and creates cracker nuts. It whips egg whites and creams with its whisk attachment. It also has pan guard which is detachable.
It has BPA-free 3-cup blending jar that comes with lid for your daily blending jobs and to store for serving later. On the top rack, it is dishwasher safe.
- 8” blending arm is removable which locks in the body to perform easily
- The S-shaped stainless steel blade blends all your ingredients quickly
- Comfortable and non-slip grip handle to blend ingredients faster
- Loud motor
- Hard to remove and connect
4. KOIOS 500 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender
KOIOS immersion hand blender is a powerful kitchen appliance to chop, blend, and puree your recipes on the go. It is a 4-in-1 hand blender to blend, chop, brush, whisk and crush ingredients, no matter how hard are they. It has 6 speed controls with pulse turbo function to blend your favorite culinary dishes.
It has 500W powerful motor to blend your favorite smoothies, squash, mayonnaise, chunky salsa, and baby food with ease. It includes attachments like 500ml chopper, 600ml beaker, blending shaft, and whisk attachment. It is the best choice to make pancake batter and baby food, whipped cream, dressings, and chunky salsa.
- Just 1 click required to switch accessories
- Soft-grip handle is ergonomically designed
- 500W low-noise powerful motor
- Blades are too sharp.
- Not dishwasher safe
5. Bella 250W Hand Immersion Blender
BELLA Hand Immersion Blender comes with whisk attachment and is powered by 250W motor and various versatile mixing and blending attachments. This sleek and powerful hand blender is a perfect alternative to heavier and larger blenders. You can simply store it in a drawer and perform any prep job like making smoothies, soups, mayonnaise, meringues, salsa, and pancake batters.
- Handle is ergonomically designed with 1-touch operation
- Safe to use in mixing bowls, plastic cups, and deep cooking pots
- Parts are removable and dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Comes with 2 years of warranty as an added benefit
- Not powerful enough for frequent use
- Heats up if worked for longer than 2-3 minutes
6. Braun MQ505 Multiquick Hand Blender
Braun is a household name known for producing top quality hand blenders to add creativity to your cooking tasks. Braun MQ505 Multiquick hand blender is no exception. It is the hottest addition as your cooking tool which fits well in your hand and adds whole new twists to your sauces and whipped creams. You will definitely want to use it in your daily culinary jobs. It includes a 2-cup chopper, beaker, whisker and masher to master at everything you make.
- Easy to remove all attachments with EasyClick
- Added power and efficiency with Turbo Boost
- Easy to use with soft grip handle
- Stainless steel blades and PowerBell Technology gives best and fast results
- Easy to clean and use
- Not that powerful as they claim
7. Epica 4-in-1 Heavy Duty Immersion Hand Blender
Once you buy Epica 4-in-1 Heavy Duty Immersion Hand Blender, we bet you will never need to struggle with inferior quality blades of your old blender and frozen fruits again. Epica has 350W powerful workhorse to make quick gourmet soups and smoothies to start your day with the level of consistency you need.
Epica immersion hand blender is tastefully designed with easy controls and releases attachments with one click. If you are a multi-tasking chef, you will definitely love its multi-speed function. Its variable speed controls can adjust its blade speed to get the texture you like with pureeing, grinding, chopping or juicing tasks.
- All the attachments are dishwasher safe
- Comes with 100% “Cutting Edge” Guarantee for full refund
- Easy controls
- Wand attachment wears out
- No locking mechanism
8. Hamilton Beach 59765 2-Speed Hand Blender
Hamilton Beach 59765 is a 2-speed hand blender which is designed to blend, whip, chop, mix, and puree quickly and directly in the bowl, glass, or cooking pan. So, there is no mess of cleanup.
For added convenience and versatility, Hamilton Beach Hand Blenders have stainless steel whisk and are simple to clean and use. You can easily remove attachments and wash by hand.
It is also easy to handle with non-slip designs and easy-grip handle. The cord is extra long so you can have enough room to work.
- Attachments are dishwasher safe
- Chops directly into the bowl
- Performs multiple jobs
- 225 Watt motor is not much powerful for frequent use
9. Cuisinart HB-155PC Smart Stick Stainless Steel Hand Blender
The Cuisinart HB-155PC Smart Stick is powered by 200 Watt motor and made of stainless steel. It comes with variable speed control motor that you can set from low to high just by turning knob over the top. You can simply use it n blending cup, pots, pitchers, and bowls.
- Polished stainless steel base
- Easy to hold grip handle
- Whisk and blending attachments
- Not so durable
- Motor not so powerful
10. Proctor Silex 59738A Hand Blender
If you are looking for a hand blender which can serve various jobs, Proctor-Silex Hand Blender is your best bet. It is a best choice to mix, blend, whip, and puree. It features stainless steel blade and 150W motor which works well to meet your blending needs.
- Easy and fast to use
- Easy handling with ergonomic design
- Meets all your blending needs with 2 speed controls
- Not much powerful and motor is fragile
- Not long lasting
Best Ways to Use an Immersion Blender
Immersion blenders are the most underrated equipment in the kitchen as compared to blenders, food processors, hand-mixers and so on. As a matter of fact, immersion blender is one of the most versatile tools which you can use to make your kitchen work less tedious. Let us find out the best ways you can use an immersion blender:
-} You can make fresh chutneys as they taste so much better than the ones we get from the market. Just toss in coriander, tamarind, onion, garlic, ginger, mint, sugar, salt, lemon juice or chunks of mango and blend them well. Just be careful of the consistency.
-} For the fitness freak in you, just toss in some strawberries, blueberries, almond milk and honey to make a yummy smoothie. You can also blend spinach along with other of your favorite veggies and fruits to make another iron and fiber-rich smoothie.
-} Pancake, waffle or cake batter can be easily made with an immersion blender. Just toss in all the ingredients and whisk away. You will find the smoothest batter to make the delicious dishes for your family.
-} If you and your family loves the homemade mayonnaise, just take the help of an immersion blender and save your arms of the workout that the whisking gives. You will have your perfect mayo in just a matter of 5 minutes if you take the help of immersion blender.
-} Jams and butters could be easily prepared using the immersion blender. Get rid of mashing fruits and berries by hands and use this blender to make jams and butters using your favorite fruits and butters.
-} The most important thing you can make with this blender is the food for your little kid. Infants love the pureed apples and carrots. Blend soft fruits and veggies and feed this soft textured food to them so that they can develop the taste for the same.
How to Clean a Hand Blender
Hand Blenders are extremely easy to clean and if you want your equipment to be in a good working condition always, make sure you keep it clean. It comes with removable parts which can be easily cleaned. As a matter of fact, these are dishwasher friendly as well. But the easiest and most convenient method to clean your hand blender is to wash them with hot soapy water. But if you want to clean it thoroughly, follow the below mentioned steps:
All you need is:
- Dish wash soap
- Soft sponge or cloth
- Hot water
- Cotton swabs
- White vinegar (Optional)
Steps to Clean a Hand Blender:
- The first and foremost step is unplug your blender from the power outlet and remove all the attachments.
- Soak these non-electric attachments in the hot soapy water for almost 5 minutes.
- Gently wipe these attachments with soapy sponge. For small places, you can use cotton swabs.
- Remove the stubborn food bits by taking the hot soapy water and swishing the blender’s blade in the water for about 30 seconds. This would help in cleaning the blades thoroughly. In case this doesn’t help much, you can also use white vinegar with hot water.
- After cleaning, rinse the non-electric components with water and pat them dry.
- For the electric components, use a damp cloth or a sponge.
- Take the help of sponge to remove the dirt and food stains on the handles and buttons.
- Finally, join all the separated equipment together and coil the electrical cord around the blender to store it.
Some additional tips
- Make sure that you are not using pointed tools to clean the blender.
- Check the owner’s manual to know if the blender is dishwasher safe.
- Ensure that the separated attachments are assembled properly so that they do not collect dirt.
- Do not soak the electrical part of the blender in the hot water.
If it’s your first time to buy a hand blender, we recommend you to read the above reviews about best hand blenders to experience the convenience and simplicity at its best. Take your time to read our detailed buyer’s guide above and make a wise decision.