You can definitely save a lot by investing in knife block sets rather than separate knives. There is no lack of choices available. But it is not easy to know where to begin and there are a lot of options available in the market. You can get years of cooking with quality knife block set and poorly made block set can be very annoying.
You should always know the importance of good set of knives as a professional chef or a home cook. When it comes to prepare meals, they are known to be the best tools to use. With proper care, you can use a decent knife set for years.
Some people may want to buy separate pieces instead of whole set. Actually, it can be the best gift for someone who is going to set up their kitchen. In addition, if you don’t have much time for research on each product, you can rather buy knife block sets. You should know what to search for. Here’s how to get the best knife block sets without paying much –
Knife Block Sets – How to Buy?
In order to buy knife block sets, choosing a top brand doesn’t actually mean getting the best quality. They often provide second range products for high cost as they think they can sell off with brand name.
Knife block sets are available in different prices. Some of them are very costly, while others are very affordable. Keep in mind that price doesn’t determine performance. You just have to go for the product according to your budget.
Another key fact is that you need to know the variations of knife size. You will get different knives when getting a lot of duplicates.
Before you choose a knife set, you should consider your cooking practices and various types of knives available with this set. Do you need fillet knife or steak knife? Paring knife, chef’s knife and serrated knife are the most widely used knives.
Paring knife is used to cut and peel foods and serrated knife is used for slicing fruits, breads, and cakes. You can use chef’s knife all around to do tasks like mincing, slicing, cutting and dicing.
First of all, knife block set improves versatility by offering various types of knives. It adds convenience and offers everything you need. In addition, it can save space as all knives are stored safely in the block.
Best Buy Kitchen Knife Block Set Reviews 2018
1. Shenzhen Knives 20 Slot Bamboo Universal Knife Block without Knives
With Shenzhen Knives bamboo universal knife block set, you can keep all your widely-used knives in your reach. Unlike most of the knife blocks, these bamboo storage blocks can store around 19 knives, with additional slots to store sharpening rod and kitchen scissors.
The knife slots are designed to be easier for handling and they have become larger to accommodate larger knives. All of the knife slots are designed to be made wider and to fit different blade sizes. They can make knives storage stress-free so you no longer need to fumble around cooking.
- Anti-skid rubber feet to secure countertop
- Wider knife slots to fit different sizes
- Angled slot edges making it simpler to handle knives
- Some slots are much longer
- Bamboo venier is not finished too smooth
2. Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
This 15-piece knife block set from Cuisinart Classic is really the best piece money can buy. The set comes with 8” slicing knife, 8” chef’s knife, 7” Santoku knife, 3.5” paring knife, 5.5” Serrated utility knife, 8” sharpening steel, 3.5” Bird’s beak paring knife, all-purpose household block and shears to hold them all.
- High carbon stainless steel blades
- Durable, strong bolster for great control and stability
- Ergonomically designed S.S. steel handle
- They are a bit oddly shaped for cutlery
- It is prone to rust easily
3. Cook N Home Bamboo Knife Storage Block
This 19 slot bamboo knife storage block is made of durable and natural bamboo and it simply looks nice. It has around 9” deep space for most commonly used accessories and knives.
The width of the slots are ranging from ¾ to 3 ¼ inches and it holds steak, chef’s long and wide knives as well as a cleaver. Wider slots are able to hold sharpening steel, kitchen scissor, and various items. Angled slots can easily grab the knives. It has rubber feet which can keep block from slipping.
- Made of durable and natural bamboo
- Holds all the widely used knives
- Comes with different widths
- Complaints that most of the knives don’t fit
4. Mantello 2 Tier Universal Wood Knife Block Knife Holder Storage Organizer
This wooden knife block from Mantello can fit most of your knives in its slot. This square shaped knife block can store paring knife, steak knives, kitchen shears, thermometers etc. So, you no longer have to worry about storing your knives. It has large tier which can hold knives with 8” long blades and small tier which can fit up to 5” long knives. It has light and smooth oakwood grain which is easy to clean.
- Removable flex rods
- Universal storage to store knives anywhere
- Fits up to 8” long blades
- Flex roads won’t dull or chip knife blades
- Be careful of both grip girth and blade length
- Beware of plastic straws which may scratch your knives
5. J.A. Henckels International Statement 15-pc Knife Block Set
Founded in 1895, Zwilling J.A. Hanckels is a leading brand which is synonymous to design, quality, and durability. This 15-piece knife block set is stocked with tools to easily perform all your kitchen tasks. The fine-edge blades are honed for endless sharpening.
This all-rounder knife block set is made with high-quality and durable stainless steel. The single-piece and stamped blade built is lighter as compared to forged knives. Apart from full tang, it provides ultimate maneuverability. It has triple-rivet handles which are curved to provide optimum balance and comfort and it has stainless steel end-cap which adds great appeal to block display.
- Made of high quality stainless steel
- Precision stamped, single-piece blade body for great durability
- Paring knife is not that thick
- Lack of sharpness
6. Coninx Magnetic Knife Holder with Powerful Magnet
Why mess with average knife holder when you can buy this bamboo wood magnetic knife guard holder? It is made of natural bamboo wood and it is as functional and as stylish. It displays well on countertop and it is very strong. It is also 100% sustainable, easy to cleanup, and safe for kitchen use.
It has anti-skid, slip proof felt pads on the bottom and it is safer on slippery countertops. This block is a lot safer with no slipping, skidding, wobbling, or sliding around. If you want more secure, safest and innovative way to save space, you can buy this kitchen magnet which stays strong lifelong. This magnetic knife board is naturally food-safe, antibacterial and easy to cleanup.
- Space efficient
- Strong and durable
- Easy to cleanup
- Safe non-slip surface
- Metal part is too light so it is lifted up when pulling a knife off it
- Only upper half is magnet
7. Wüsthof 17 Slot Knife Block Block Finish
This 17-block knife block holder from Wüsthof can hold up to 6 steak knives in front along with sharpening steel and kitchen shears. This knife block is made of walnut. It can hold up to 3 blades of 10 inches and four blades of 6 inches.
- Natural finish and made of acacia wood
- Slots to hold nine large knives, including Santoku and chef knifes
- Slots for shears and sharpening rod
- Rubberized base for more stability
- A bit darker and large for counter space
8. Hiware Stainless Steel Universal Knife Block
Hiware is a leading home appliance supplier which offers quality, attractive and stylish items to exceed expectations of customers. This universal knife block is lightweight with heavy and removable base for easy cleanup. It has capacity to hold around 12 knives, such as vegetable knife paring knife, small cook’s knife, carving knife, bread knife, chef knife, steak knife, and utility knife.
It is also easy to dry and clean up to keep bacteria build up at bay by simply putting it under running water and letting it flow off the inlet. All in all, it is an ideal housewarming gift.
- Made of safe, food grade plastic with stainless steel case
- Modern design top for almost any shape or size of knife
- Weighted block to hold around 12 knives
- Easy to clean up
- Lifetime guarantee
- Light for clamping force of knife
So here are the best kitchen knife block sets to keep all your knives at same place and save space on your countertop.