We can’t even imagine a day without having a cup of tea. For doing it, you always need a stovetop whistling tea kettle. You can get enough energy to start your day with a cup of tea. For your heart health and weight loss, a hot cup of green tea can make it perfect for our body.
In this guide, we have listed the top ten rated whistling tea kettles to buy in this year. These kettles are known for their best features and quality. But before going further, let’s discuss our buying guide.
Do You Really Need Whistling Tea Kettles?
Stovetop whistling tea kettles cost a lot less than electric ones. If you are looking for a tea kettle, you always need to look for stovetop kettles. You don’t have to plug in these kettles to the port to work. If you have a stovetop, this type of kettle will work. It is made of metal to conduct heat and is very durable.
These days, metal kettles are widely used as they are easy to clean and need quick rinse. You can find a lot of stainless steel models. Enameled models are also the best choice to avoid smudge and fingerprints.
Features to Look for in Stovetop Kettles
The simple looks are the center of attraction for stovetop kettles. But you may also like some features like whistles that blow when water is boiling. It is actually a cover which flips down over the spout. Steam passes through it when water boils and it whistles. If you don’t want to hover around the stove, this noise will help you. Keep in mind that the noise may be loud enough to wake up even neighbors early in the morning and disturb their sleep.
Don’t worry! Some whistling tea kettles have smaller tea infuser. It holds tea in the water and easily lifts off the water after a certain time period. Some tea kettles have a well fitted tea infuser which works well with kettle. With simple design, stovetop kettles are often used by many people. These kettles may be whimsical or compact.
Glass kettles are very appealing but they are fragile too and you need to heat it up slowly. Don’t heat glass kettle over open flame directly without metal diffuser.
On the other side, cast iron kettles are very durable and long lasting and can retain heat. But they are likely to rust and are heavy.
Copper kettles are known to conduct heat well and evenly and heat up the water properly. But it can tarnish over time.
Aluminum kettles save energy and are light enough and are perfect choice for camping and traveling. It may hold up well and can avoid stains and scratches.
Ceramic kettles are made with thicker surface and can retain water temperature for large time period. They can also resist rust and avoid scale deposits.
Along with material, you also need to look for other features. Choose tea kettles that have wider lids as you can easily clean and wipe them. Some kettles provide proper control over water flow with gooseneck spout. If you brew coffee yourself, it is the best choice. Spouts that are wider are easy to refill.
Another important feature to look for is that handle should resist heat easily. If you want your kettle to remind you about boiling water, always look for whistling tea kettles. If you are the only coffee or tea drinker at your home, you may want a smaller tea kettle or look for larger kettle if you make tea for full family.
Best Whistling Tea Kettle Reviews For 2018
1. Circulon Teakettles 1 ½ Qt. Sunrise Whistling Kettle
This 1 ½ quarter sunrise teakettle from Circulon is designed to brighten your morning with its style and functionality to make daily cups of coffee, tea, and hot beverages. With the legacy of over 25 years, Circulon brings the same old-world charm to your beautiful teakettle which looks great in your kitchen or on the stovetop.
It has the capacity to boil 6 cups of water to make aromatic hot cocoa for family or enjoy English breakfast tea. Its whistle signals well when water is ready and the squeeze-and-pour spout on the handle is very simple to use. It is the best blend of elegance and convenience.
- Sturdy steel teakettle with 6 cups of capacity
- One-touch spout lever with steel lid that fits tightly
- Bright enamel body avoids stains
- Whistle signals pleasantly once water is ready
- Cannot pour slowly and table ends up wet
- Handle gets hot over time
2. Willow & Everett Surgical Whistling Stovetop Teakettles
If you can’t resist your love for coffee or tea, you will definitely love this whistling teakettle from Willow & Everett. It has a stainless steel tea infuser ball. It is the best choice for loose leaf teas, such as herbal teas and green tea. It can easily reduce unwanted leaves and debris. You can easily prepare your favorite ground coffee.
Willow & Everett is known across the world for unmatched craftsmanship and this surgical whistling teakettle is no exception. It has silicon handle with non-slip grip and it is ergonomically designed.
- Made of Teflon/BPA-free high quality stainless steel safe for your body
- Boils water faster with 5-ply capsule bottom
- Comes with a great tea infuser
- Develops rust on lid over time
3. Cuisinart CTK-SS17 2-quart Aura Stainless Steel Stovetop Teakettle
Cuisinart CTK-SS17 is a 2-quarter Aura steel tea kettle which is the best choice for both modern and traditional home kitchens. It signals about boiling water with loud whistles like other kettles from Cuisinart. The kettle is also very easy to clean using a mild soap. It comes in different color options for your choices like silver, white, red and black.
- Kettle retains heat properly and heats up faster
- You can pick handle with bare hand
- Steam doesn’t burn your hand when you pour the tea
- Whistle is a bit too loud
4. Medelco Café Brew 12-Cup Glass Whistling Kettle
The glass whistling kettle from Medelco Café is well known for its sturdy glass material and affordable price. This 12-cup kettle has ample room to make hot beverage along with borosilicate, shock-resistant glass material. You can simply clean the interior with removable lid and fill it with water. It is also easy to use on electric or glass stovetops.
- Features metal diffuser useful for electric coils
- Handle doesn’t heat on stove
- Made of shock resistant borosilicate glass body
- You need to remove lid to pour tea
- Lid gets warm
- Whistle could be more pleasant
5. Vremi 2 Quart Whistling Tea Kettle for Gas or Electric Stovetop
Get the most of your favorite tea with this cute tea kettle and nostalgic whistling sound when water is boiling. Get the best of both modern look and traditional feel as this tea kettle comes with dome shaped steel body with enamel or matte finish. It is available in five different color options to complement your stovetop.
The nylon heat resistant handles have smooth grip that opens the spot, making it easy to pour. It is capable to hold up to 1.9 liter of water. It is best suited for electric and gas cooktops and is light enough with compact and sleek body. It is recommended to hand wash the kettle with gentle soap and warm water to retain its shine.
- Loud whistle for boiling water
- Perfect to make up to 8 cups of tea
- BPA-free steel body and nylon handle
- Easy to use on electric or gas stove
- Not suitable to make French press coffee
- Trigger is hard to hold open and is stiff
6. KitchenAid KTEN20CBER 2.0-Quart Kettle
Comes with Trim Band and Emperor styled C handle, KitchenAid KTEN20CBER is a modern, cool, and bright whistling kettle which is styled with bright porcelain enamel design. It looks great in your kitchen or stovetop and heats up water faster. You can easily prepare delicious soups, seasonal beverages or hot tea or coffee in style and serve with this well-designed porcelain kettle.
- Thumb-press spout making it easy to pour
- Comfortable grip in C handle
- Comes with different vibrant color options
- Spout doesn’t pour properly and lid doesn’t seal
7. OXO Classic Good Grips Brushed Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
Many trends come and go but classic always remains timeless. OXO Good Grips Classic tea kettle is your perfect staple. This traditional brushed stainless steel kettle has spout cap that has a precise spout which doesn’t drip when pouring the water. Simply turn the handle to fill the kettle and to store it.
- Made of 1-piece stainless steel body, except spout heats evenly
- Handle moves according to your need to fill the kettle
- Whistle is loud enough to signal you
- Easy to pour and use
- The inside is not much polished so it is no non-stick
- Not rust proof
8. Vanika 3.2 Quart Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
If you are looking for the best performance, well-built and the most elegant tea kettle you have ever come across, Vanika Stainless Steel whistling kettle is your best bet. With its mirror-like steel finish, it is truly dazzling when you take it out of your kitchen. You will also proud to flaunt it in your kitchen.
But this pretty kettle is known more than just for its looks. It is a very convenient and functional. It is made with the best quality metal. You will notice the finest craftsmanship of the manufacturer exactly when you take it off the box and use it for the first time. You will always want to boil your water in this tea kettle.
- Compatible to any burner size, gas and electric cooktops
- Good quality and very elegant kettle
- Easy to make tea for large number of guests
- Whistle is not that loud
- Lid rusts badly over time
9. AMFOCUS 2 Quart Stovetop Tea Kettle Teapot
Slow down and experience the moment with every cup of tea made in AMFOCUS stovetop tea kettle. Make your tea time more pleasing and relaxing with AMFOCUS tea kettle which is designed after a very long time of research and manufacturing.
It comes with easy to read instructions to know how much water to fill. It has improved steel material which is more durable to resist daily wear. It has ergonomically designed handle to serve tea in style. The base is thick enough to boil faster and to save more time in waiting for your tea.
- Get your tea ready within minutes
- Made of 18/10 food grade stainless steel material
- Ergonomically designed handle which is easy to serve tea
- Whistle doesn’t work when boiling water
10. Chef’s Secret KTTKC 2.75 Quart Surgical Steel Tea Kettle
Chef’s Secret KTTKC is truly a copper and stainless steel gem which whistles when your water is hot and ready to serve. It boils enough of water for coffee, tea, soup, and hot chocolate. Chase the chill this winter with smoking hot beverages prepared in minutes thanks to this Chef’s Secret tea kettle which is made of surgical-grade stainless steel.
Its innovative design makes it heat quickly and evenly and it retains heat for longer. It has well placed opening lever and heat resistant grip to keep your fingers safe and out of steams.
- Whistles to notify you about the boiling water
- Innovative design and capsule bottom to heat faster
- Heat-resistant grip
- Hard to pour as spout lever is short
- Not safe for small hands to pour the drink
Whistling Stovetop Teakettle Use and Care
It goes without saying that a tea kettle is a very important staple for all your tea making needs. It is important for you to heat up the water and make your morning tea or coffee. It can be used any time of the day. It is very convenient and is made of durable materials. This way, you can use them for longer period. In this post, we will discuss how to use and care it.
- Before using it for the first time, wash the kettle inside out with soapy and warm water. To keep your kettle looking new, use only enamel and ceramic cleaner recommended by the manufacturer.
- Teakettle whistle and handle may get hot. Be sure to wear oven mitts or gloves when handling tea kettle or flipping the lever open to avoid burns.
- Don’t leave the heated kettle alone. If you forgot, it will boil and dry out. Don’t rely only on the whistle to remind you that tea is ready. Sometimes, whistle may not work.
- If water has been boiled from the tea kettle dry, turn off the heat and don’t remove the tea kettle until it has been cooled down. Don’t leave a dry kettle on hot burner as it can melt the aluminum/enamel base and damage the burner and teakettle.
- Use a burner always on the back row of stove to keep it away from children. Use it on a burner which is smaller than kettle in diameter. It may avoid excess heat from making handle which is too hot to touch.
- Steam may cause burns if it is escaping out from a spout or lid. So, don’t open the lid until it cools down the water or wear oven mitt to avoid burns.
- Don’t fill the tea kettle overly. Overfilling it may cause boiling water to come out of the spout. Always keep the water level below the spout on the inside of the kettle.
- Once the water boils down, turn off the heat and let the teakettle cool for about 15 seconds before pulling/flipping open the whistle (with oven mitt) and then adding water. Point the spout off when opening spout or boiling the water.
- Avoid leaving the water in the kettle when it is not used.
- Dry the interior and remove water after use as it may build up mineral deposits or rust over time.
- If it accumulates mineral deposits and rust, boil water for 15 minutes on medium heat, i.e. with 1 oz. of lemon juice.
- Rinse the water and air dry it.
- Wash it only with hands. Don’t put it in dishwasher.
When using tea kettle on gas stove, place it on the center of the burner directly. Pot holder should be used. If it is not placed at the center of the burner, the flames may rise up and melt the plastic whistle casing and result in burn injuries.
So, it is recommended to use tea kettle only on low flame. If burner flames over the sides, it will cause discoloration of the metal.
We hope you’ve liked the above list of top whistling tea kettles as they are made of sturdy material and they all are easy to clean, use and pour. Despite minor complaints, all of these kettles are so elegant that you will love to flaunt them in your kitchen or stovetop.