Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 Boneless chicken thighs
- 3 Cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Yellow onion, quartered
- 1 Tsp Ground cumin
- ¾ Cup Trader Joe's Chunky Salsa (or your favorite salsa)
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- ¼ Cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- Handful of broken tortilla chips or strips
- ¼ Cup Fancy Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- ¼ Ripe avocado diced
- Combine water, broth, and onion in a pot and bring to a boil. Add chicken, salsa, and cumin; boil until the chicken is poached, about 10 minutes.
- Remove large onion pieces and discard. Using two forks, coarsely shred chicken and return to pot.
- Add lime and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add cilantro.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls. Add broken tortilla chips, cheese, and avocado chunks to each bowl. Serve immediately.