The texture of the chocolate mousse filling is luscious, smooth, and silky, and it’s only two ingredients – coconut milk and chocolate chips! The crust is made of tempting Joe-Joe’s cookies, Trader Joe’s version of classic Oreos — with all natural flavoring and no hydrogenated oils.
Pie can be made vegan by substituting Earth Balance for the butter.
This popular recipe is from our cookbook “Cooking with Trader Joe’s: Dinner’s Done!”
Chocolate Truffle from TJ’s Recipe
Chocolate Truffle Pie with Joe-Joe's Crust
- Food processor
- Oven-safe pie dish
- 28 Trader Joe's Joe-Joe's Cookies with Vanilla Bean filling (2 rows out of the package)
- ¼ Cup Melted unsalted butter (use Earth Balance for vegan version)
- 1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (12 oz)
- 1 Can Light Coconut Milk (14 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush cookies in a food processor. Pulse the processor until cookies are fine crumbs. Pour in melted butter and pulse till combined. Press crumbs firmly into an oven-safe pie dish.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely
- Melt chocolate on stovetop or in microwave. (Microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second increments, stirring well in between until completely smooth and melted. Do not scorch.)
- Pour coconut milk into a blender and add melted chocolate. Immediately, blend until completely smooth (about 20-30 seconds).
- Pour filling into crust and chill for 4 hours or overnight in fridge.