Cranberry, Cherry and Walnut Sauce
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Port, or other sweet red wine
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Freshly pumpkin spice or nutmeg
- ½ Cup Dried tart Bing cherries
- 1 12 Ounce Package fresh or frozen cranberries
- ⅔ Cup Chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly grated orange zest
- Combine sugar, water, port (or wine), cinnamon and nutmeg or Pumpkin Pie Spice in a medium nonreactive saucepan (see Note); bring to a boil. Add cherries and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until about half the cranberries pop, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in walnuts and orange zest. Let cool completely. (The marmalade will thicken as it cools.) Serve at room temperature or chilled.