If you’ve been to Trader Joe’s recently, you might have seen an interesting frozen vegetable mix that has some potential for adding to various dishes. Immediately, when you see this package that includes fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, your imagination might think of fajitas or perhaps the base veggies for a cool stir fry. Here is one recipe idea that’s quick and filling.
- 2 Small and large mixing bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- 1 Pakage Fire-roasted bell peppers & onion (14oz bag)
- 6-8 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (whole milk)
- 2 Tablespoons Genova pesto
- ¼ Cup Sun-dried tomatoes (julienne or chopped)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Optional veggies or sausage
- You want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and allow this oven to warm up for 10-15 minutes.
- Taking a small and large mixing bowl, crack each of your eggs into the small bowl first and empty them into the large bowl. This is so you don’t get a bad egg that could ruin the entire mixture. Since there are a minimum of 6 eggs, you want to catch any eggshell or egg yolk imperfections that are unpleasant looking.
- When this is done, you can add milk, salt, and pesto. This entire mixture is whisked with plenty of enthusiasm to get air into the egg and milk mixture. After this, it will be time to mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and cheese. Be sure to shake and tap the whisk on the edge of the bowl to remove anything stuck in the whisk.
- Taking your skillet that’s a minimum of 10-inches in diameter should be prepped with a light coating of oil and warm this up on your stovetop. The heat needs to be medium-high and will help to warm up the pepper and onion mixture from the Trader Joe’s bag. You need to make sure that the peppers and onions are defrosted first.
- Once the pepper and onions are heated, it’s now time to add the egg mixture. Pour this in a circular pattern inside the skillet so the peppers and onions aren’t lumped to one side. If you need to adjust this, use a spatula or wooden spoon to move the mixture right after it’s poured.
- The next step is to lower the heat to medium-low and allow the edges of the egg to become cooked for a couple of minutes. The next step is to carefully transfer the skillet into the oven so it can bake for 15 minutes. During this time, the egg will cook and slightly rise up like a cake. There is no need to cover the skillet as this will trap moisture. When it’s done, it can be sliced and served just like quiche using a pie spatula. Enjoy!