Don’t you love recipes where you can run into Trader Joe’s, grab a few products, and then make an impressive dinner in just a few minutes? This is one of them. It comes from holistic health counselor and regular contributor to our blog, Marcy Rosenthal. She saw these flavorful chicken quesadillas demo’d at her local Trader Joe’s last week and sent us the suggestion.
You need just 4 ingredients to make this meal:
2. Grilled Chicken in Chipotle Lime Sauce – fully cooked
3. Fire Roasted Bell Peppers & Onions – frozen
4. Shredded cheese
Optional: dippers and toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, or salsa
The quesadillas are really flavorful from the chipotle lime sauce, so these additional toppings aren’t necessary. My kids enjoy dippers, but they tasted terrific even without the added sauces.
I hadn’t seen this line of fully cooked chicken at Trader Joe’s until Marcy pointed it out, and I was surprised to find that there are several flavors to pick from including: Lemon Pepper, Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary, and the one used here, Chipotle Lime. They’re shelved in the refrigerated case with Just Chicken and other fully prepared entrees.
So grab these 4 products on a busy weeknight, and enjoy a delicious meal in minutes!
Chicken & Roasted Pepper Quesadillas
1 pkg Grilled Chicken Breast Strips in Chipotle Lime Sauce
1 pkg frozen Fire Roasted Bell Peppers & Onions
4 cups Fancy Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
8 flour tortillas
1. Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
2. Roughly chop chicken into smaller pieces (I do this so the quesadillas are flatter and bind together better). Mix chicken and roasted peppers in a glass bowl. Microwave for a few minutes to warm chicken mixture. Drain excess juices.
3. Place tortilla in pan and place 1/2 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup cheese on one half of the tortilla. Fold in half. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and quesadillas are lightly crisp on both sides. You can also make whole quesadillas by placing another whole tortilla on top. I find the half-moon shapes easier to flip, though.
4. Serve immediately.
Note: If you’d prefer to use the oven, preheat to 350 degrees and place assembled quesadillas on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.