PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 25-30 minutes or 50-60 minutes
saved by 72 people
Added by WonaMiniati
Panettone is a traditional Italian sweet bread that is served during Christmas and New Year. It’s a fluffy sweet bread studded with candied fruit, and it makes for fabulous bread pudding. Eggnog adds to the festive holiday flavors.
1 (750g) loaf panettone
4 cups eggnog
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cut panettone into 1-inch cubes. You should end up with about 12 cups of bread.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add in eggnog and vanilla and blend well. Toss in bread cubes until all pieces are coated.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let bread pudding mixture sit to soak in liquids further.
4. Lightly grease 12 ramekins, a muffin tin, or a 9×13″ baking dish. Pour in bread pudding mixture. Place pan into a larger pan and pour boiling water into the outer pan, being careful not to get water into the bread pudding. This is a water bath and will ensure that the bread pudding cooks evenly without drying out.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes if making individual pieces, or 50-60 minutes if using a large pan. Cook until bread pudding puffs and top is lightly browned. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
I love the combination of these ingredients for a bread pudding they all complimented each other to a delish dish, the company I had raved about it..
Will try it for sure. It would be Christmas at anytime dessert.
this was easy to put together and so yuummmyyy!!! I noticed someone else also used the Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce, great minds think alike.. sigh..
This has a wonderful texture and came out perfect! I love the flavor. Add a drizzle of Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce for a super decadent dessert.