Making a Black Bean Chimichurri Based Soup
This hearty, thick, and flavorful soup is a one-pot dish made with 4 Trader Joe’s ingredients: shrimp, Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Chimichurri Rice, and canned black beans. These freezer and pantry items can be kept on hand for an easy meal anytime. Enjoy with crusty bread.
Shrimp and Black Bean Chimichurri Soup
- Medium size pot
- 1 (16 oz) Bag Trader Joe’s Frozen Shrimp (cooked or uncooked), thawed
- 1 (15 oz) Can Trader Joe’s Black Beans, drained
- 1 (32 oz) Container Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- 1 (16 oz) Bag Frozen Trader Joe’s Chimichurri Rice
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- If using cooked shrimp, skip to step 3, adding shrimp to pot with other ingredients.
- If using uncooked shrimp, place medium size pot over medium heat; add a 1 tsp of cooking oil (olive or vegetable, your choice). Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until fully cooked; add a dash of salt and pepper to season.
- Add chimichurri rice and black beans to pot; stir and allow to cook for 3-5 mins.
- Pour in Roasted Red Pepper Soup, stirring to fully incorporate with rice.
- Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Loving this Trader Joe’s gluten free soup…See what other people have had to say about this recipe…
Giuliana Nakashima –
I loved that it had so few ingredients. Often the best recipes are those that you can actually recognize several different spices. I did however, add a bit more protein sources since I needed to feed a hungry bunch on a cold and dreary night. I too added TJ Chicken Andouille Sausage as well, and some shredded chicken breast I had left over and a dash of file spice.
Marcus YOrk –
I’ve actually added TJ’s sliced Chicken Andouille Sausage instead of the shrimp and referred to it as a Peruvian Chicken Gumbo. I guess you can still add the shrimp as well, but you might have to tweek the other ingredients (more soup for sure)to get the right consistency.