Stuffed Chicken with Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Small sauce pan
- 3 TJ's jarred Fire Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe's jarred crushed garlic
- ½ Jalapeno Pepper seeded and minced
- ½ Tsp Oregano (or italian seasoning of choice)
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Trader Joe's goat's milk creamy cheese
- 8 Asparagus spears trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Slice 1 roasted red pepper into strips lengthwise.
- Place 2 roasted red peppers into blender with oil, vinegar, broth, garlic, and jalapeño. Blend into a purée. Pour into a small sauce pan; add oregano, salt, and pepper; cook over medium low heat for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast almost in half horizontally. Spread 1Tbsp of goat cheese onto each breast. Add the asparagus spears and roasted pepper strips and fold the breasts back together.
- Place the chicken breasts in a casserole dish and pour about 1/2 cup of the red pepper sauce over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 min.
- Serve with additional red pepper sauce drizzled on top.