PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15-20 minutes
saved by 24 people
Added by WonaMiniati
This is the recipe that appears on the back of Trader Joe’s fried onions. A classic holiday side got even better, now that TJ carries mushroom soup in addition to fried onions.
1.5 Tbsp butter
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1 bag Trader Joe’s sliced crimini mushrooms
1/2 onion, sliced
2 cans green beans
1 container Trader Joe’s Cream of Portobello Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup water (see our favorite measuring cups)
1.5 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 can Trader Joe’s Gourmet Fried Onion Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil and butter in a large heavy skillet; add mushrooms and saute until they become soft and lightly browned.
2. Add onions and continue to saute until heated through.
3. Add green beans and saute until heated through.
4. Add soup and water to skillet, mix, and heat through.
5. Add mixture to a small or medium size casserole dish. Top with cheese and fried onion pieces. Place in oven and bake until cheese melts and becomes warm and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes.
For crisper green beans, try using frozen or fresh green beans, lightly steamed.
Label of Trader Joe’s Gourmet Fried Onion Pieces
Absolutely the green bean casserole I’ve ever had, everyone loves it!