Tortellini and Chicken Sausage Soup
This hearty soup is a leaner version of one that was demonstrated at a local Trader Joe's store. You would never guess this home cooked flavor took only minutes to make. Omit the chicken sausage for a vegetarian version.
- 1 Cup Dry Tortellini with Mixed Cheese Filling (any flavor dried tortellini is fine)
- 2 Pre-cooked Mushroom Asiago Gourmet Chicken Sausages, cut into
- ½ Inch Slices (or other variety - there's plenty to choose from)
- 1 (14.5-oz) Can Fire Roasted Whole Tomatoes, including juices, or regular canned tomatoes can be substituted though they are not as flavorful
- 1 (28-oz) Can Rich Onion Soup or use 1 (32-oz) carton chicken broth and only 1 cup water
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Frozen Greens with Envy, or other greens such as frozen spinach or green beans
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Mix tomatoes (including juices), onion soup, and water in large pot. Bring to a boil.
Add tortellini, sausage and greens. When mixture comes to a boil again, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 17 minutes
Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Source Cooking with all Things Trader Joe's Cookbook, Revised and Updated